[divider height=”30″ line=”1″]
Fibroids, also known as myomas, are benign tumors that grow in the uterine walls. They can affect women of any age. In fact, 80% of African ukrainian women tour females have fibroids, but the majority of women have no symptoms.
Women who do have symptoms may experience:
- Heavy bleeding
- Feeling of fullness
- Enlargement of the abdomen
- Recurrent miscarriage or pregnancy loss
- Lower back pain
- Pain during sex
- Frequent urination
Treatment for these cases may include medication to relieve symptoms or surgery for more severe cases.
Dr. Miller-Thrasher, recognized as a top doctor in her field, earned her reputation by encouraging her patients to seek anti-hysterectomy alternatives, wherever and whenever possible. Dr. Miller- Thrasher specializes in finding treatment plans that do not include hysterectomy. These include medical therapies, minimally-invasive in-office procedures, minimally-invasive in-hospital procedures that include hysteroscopic, laparoscopic and robotic alternatives to traditional surgery. She will also collaborate closely with a leader in interventional radiology who can perform uterine fibroid embolization. The staff will work closely with you as you obtain your information for a medical record review or a visit to our office for a second opinion and immediate consultation.
The First Step: Know Your Options: A Record Review
A personal medical record review is the first step towards significantly reducing pain, bleeding and improving the many other symptoms caused by fibroids. In most cases, a record review and an individualized treatment plan may not involve surgery at all, and can, therefore, save you time away from work and home, money, and avoid the pain of recovering from major surgery.
- Dr. Miller-Thrasher will conduct a thorough review of your medical history, applying her experience, knowledge and expertise to recommend a course of action. After the review is complete, Dr. Miller-Thrasher will send a letter to you with her findings and with her suggestions for further evaluation(if necessary), and treatment options. If surgery is recommended, and you would like Dr. Miller-Thrasher to perform it, we will assist you with the arrangements. If you prefer, feel free to give her letter to another physician of your choice. It is important to provide as much information as possible as this will allow the record review to be as complete as possible. The following documents are required for review. You may wish to print out this page as a checklist to assist with gathering this information. Please send only copies since none of the documents can be returned.
- A short letter of request for record review to Dr. Miller-Thrasher
- Operative report if you have had prior fibroid surgery
- Recent notes from your gynecologist, including sonogram, MRI, CT(reports only-not films)
- A completed medical history form(download from website)
The fee for record review is U.S. $200 and is not reimbursed by insurance companies. Please send the payment with your documents. If you choose to have Dr. Miller-Thrasher perform your surgery, this fee will be deducted from the surgical fee. Send the letter of request, all documents, and payment to:
Innovative Women’s HealthCare Solutions
Dr. Melinda Miller-Thrasher
3903 South Cobb Drive Suite #105
Smyrna, Georgia 30080
Questions may be sent to the above address of you may call the office at 404-549-1327 or 678.424.1123
Second Opinion: A medical record review and an examination
For those patients who prefer to combine a medical record review with an examination with immediate consultation with Dr. Miller-Thrasher, a consultation for second opinion can be arranged. Using the process listed above, please begin the process by sending in your medical records. Once your records have been received by our office, you will receive a call to schedule your appointment. This provides the time for a thorough review of your records before the doctor meets with you. During this visit, Dr. Miller-Thrasher will examine you and spend time reviewing your options with you. The charges for this visit can be submitted to your insurance company, although additional charges may apply depending on your deductible and whether or not it has been met. Our office would be delighted to work with you and your insurance company to make this process as seamless as possible.
The staff at Innovative Women’s HealthCare Solutions stand ready to assist you with all of your women’s healthcare needs.